Wilmette Attic Bath
As part of a remake of an attic space as a flexible gathering or guest space, this client wanted a fresh modern bath. Rick and team completely gutted the old bath and reworked it to include a shower and to be a fresh welcoming room despite ceiling height challenges.
Rick and team
- gutted this family bathroom down to the studs,
- removed a window and all of the fixtures,
- replaced the exterior window wall,
- re-plumbed the room,
- built a custom tile shower in place of the tub,
- built a custom tile floor,
- created a 4′ wainscoat all around,
- installed a new vanity, toilet and sink, and
- wired and installed new, custom lighting, creating the comfortable, updated room the homeowners wanted.
The homeowner of this 1887 home wanted to update her bathrooms while respecting the charm of the home, so Rick custom built bi-fold doors to look like barn doors. The results are stunning.